Monday, June 24, 2013

Jealousy

March 26, 2013

"The older brother became angry and refused to go in.  So his father went out and pleaded with him.  But he answered his father, 'Look!  All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders.  Yet you never gave me a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!"  Luke 15:28-30 (NIV84)


Boy do I know this word.  This parable as beautiful as it is about restoration & a Fathers love & repentance- the older brother sure strikes a cord with me.  I have been hurt over not being recognized or appreciated when it seems that others who deserve the opposite get the pat, the celebration.  I hate this about my personality-it causes a lot of pain and is the wrong attitude.  Father change my heart...please.

phebee

**in rereading this entry in my journal today I realize that what I forgot to focus on during this passage is the grace that the Father had for both son's.  The son who was so rebellious in his actions and the son who was rebellious in his heart...both were extended the same love and grace of the Father.  God's love for His children never changes based on our actions or attitude...His love and grace are always the same..and always available....as with both sons the only action they needed to do to experience what was already available to them was repentance.

http://youtu.be/SKDujmtyAVk

No comments:

Post a Comment