Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pray

"God does things he would not have done if we hadn't prayed." John Piper, James 4:2 interp.


You want something but don't get it.  You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want.  You quarrel and fight.  You do not have, because you do not ask God.  When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
James 4:2-3 (NIV84)


It is hard to wrap my mind around how prayer affects what God does in our lives.  Because I believe God is Sovereign and He will fulfill His purpose in my life-So how does my prayer affect God's plan?  I don't know.  But- I do know God is Sovereign- His will does prevail-but He also tells me to pray.  So-I just do it-knowing He works it all together to accomplish His purpose.


03/20/13
phebee

No comments:

Post a Comment