Friday, July 12, 2013

Just say the word

June 7, 2013


The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof.  But just say the word, and my servant will be healed."  Matthew 8:8 (NIV84)

Jesus has ALL authority.  There is NOTHING that is not subject to Him.  All He has to do is say the word and it is done just as He said.  Lord, I too am unworthy to receive anything from you-but because of your goodness and mercy I beseach your blessing.  Just say the word Jesus and it has to be done according to your will.


phebee

**this is not a name it claim it idea.  We should go to God with our request that He can do anything we ask of him...but also that we go to Him trusting that if He does not grant the request we trust His decision that it is not in our best interest for His purpose and plan for our lives.  The main point is....Jesus has all aurthority...He is able to do all things...actually, most of the time our request are extremely to narrowminded or small...we could never ask God for anything that would come close to what He is able to do....we will always fall short in our expectations of what God can do with our lives...I know I do....in the back of my mind...I always have this little thing saying....should I really ask God for that....what right do I have to ask Him for that.....pueny little faith.  He is my Heavenly Father for peats sake....He sent His Son to die for my Sins....and now I want to limit Him on what I can ask Him to do in and through my life.  He has every right to say no to any request....but why do I just assume the answer will be no or feel it is not polite to ask Him for it in the first place...I might be overstepping my bounds as a daughter of the One true King?  I might being taking Him for granted or expecting to much out of our relationship?  And I know....the hairs are standing on end..a person might start thinking....well, maybe you are just asking for your own comfort and enjoyement....yep, could be....still my Dad, still God, still in control of the universe and everything else out there....he knows the motives of my heart and He knows why I am asking for whatever I am asking for and He is big enough to answer it in the right way and He is able to convict my heart of wrong motives too. So I guess my focus today...is freedom...freedom to go ahead and ask...don't limit yourself on what is the "appropriate" thing to ask of your Heavenly Father, but at the same time...trust Him with the answer.  Would you want someone to tell your child they don't have a right to come to you and ask you for something or talk to you about anything.....that would not settle well with me if someone told my child that....let me decide what is an appropriate request from my child....and let God decide what is an appropriate request from His children.  If you truly are a child of God, He will change the desires of your heart and help you accept the answers He gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment